Partnering with Local Church
Blue Watch strives to work with the local church to carry the gospel to the law enforcement community. We want to thank Dr. Michael Wesley, Sr. and everyone at Greater Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church for their continued support. For a second year, we enjoyed being a part of their Global Impact Celebration.
This month, Blue Watch reached out to the Shelby County Sheriff’s Department after deputies were shot on March 22.
In this incident, deputies were shot while responding to a welfare check call in the Meadowbrook area of Shelby County. According to local news reports, deputies observed signs of forced entry into a home. While checking the residence, deputies were assaulted with a firearm and returned fire. Both deputies were transported to UAB Hospital with serious, but non-life threatening injuries.
The suspect was arrested and is being held on a $1 million bond for attempted murder of a law enforcement officer.
Coming in October – Live Unconquered
Mark your calendars! Coming Wednesday, October 11, in Birmingham, the Live Unconquered Conference with featured speakers:
- Adam Davis former police officer, author of bestselling book “Behind the Badge” and many others.
- Andy Hughes retired Houston County Sheriff and ALEA Chief of Tactical Operations.
- Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman U.S. Army retired, director of Grossman on Truth and one of the nation’s leading trainers for military and law enforcement.
Be on the lookout for more details. They will be announced online and in the monthly newsletter.
Order Your Book Today
Blue Watch wants officers to have a clear mind and a whole heart. We offer resources that we believe will help them. Currently we offer the following books:
- “Winning A Gunfight…securing victory ethically, mentally and tactfully in a gunfight”: There is much more to winning a gunfight than just physically surviving. Most who are in gunfights survive but may not win. Learn the difference and how you can survive and win.
- “Suicide Is Not an Option”: Each year 2.5-3 times more officers take their own life than are murdered in the line of duty. Despite the efforts of many, the suicide rate amongst law enforcement officers continues to rise. A retired police sergeant and author, Tim Rupp, explores the spiritual aspects and argues there is meaning to life beyond the individual.
- “Courageous Living Bible Study”: This four-session Bible study is designed to challenge you to live courageously for the sake of your family. Based on the movie “Courageous,” session topics include fighting for your family, valuing what matters most, impacting future generations, and standing for Christ.
To order your FREE book, visit our Book Giveaway page and let us know which book you would like!
Once you have read the book, please share with us your thoughts, good or bad, and we hope you will pass along the book to a fellow officer.
We Want to Hear From You!
Blue Watch is here to serve the law enforcement community and its families. We want to hear from you because we want to offer services that you need.
The people of Alabama support their officers and they stand ready to help.
There are many ways to support the Blue Watch mission:
- Pray – we need prayer warriors who will pray for us on an ongoing basis and at special events.
- Volunteer – we are in need of people who will help manage our website, social media and other aspects of the ministry. If the mission of Blue Watch is of interest to you and you have a skillset to offer, consider Blue Watch.
- Donate – it takes money to make all of this happen. The Lord greatly blessed us in 2020, but to continue our progress will require increased giving. You can give online or by check.
If any of these are of interest to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support the Mission
Please prayerfully consider making a financial contribution to Blue Watch. It is through the faithful giving of many across the state that has made all we have done possible, and to continue the mission, will require greater community support.
If you feel led to support, you can donate by visiting our donation page or by making a check payable to Blue Watch and mailing to 2620 Swiss Lane, Birmingham, AL 35226.
Blue Watch is a 501c(3) non-profit. All donations are tax deductible.
The mission of Blue Watch is to help officers and their families experience the relevance and benefits of God in their lives.