Blue Watch wants to place resources in the hands of officers that will help them cope with the trauma they often encounter. Sometimes it is the emotional scars of gun battle, other times it is the grief of dealing with the loss of a comrade by suicide. Whatever the case, Blue Watch helps by providing resources that are designed to help officers overcome whatever they may experience.
In January, four departments experienced officer-involved shootings.
- The first was in Gadsden in the early morning hours of January 6. Officers shot and killed one suspect. No officers were injured.
- On January 13, deputies in Lamar County shot and killed a suspect on County Road 10 following a pursuit near Vernon.
- On the evening of January 18, officers from Double Springs and deputies from Winston County shot and killed a suspect following a brief pursuit.
Be on the Lookout!
Workshops and other learning opportunities will be available in the months ahead. Information will be announced in the monthly newsletters and on the website.
Order Your Book Today
Blue Watch wants officers to have a clear mind and a whole heart. We offer resources that we believe will help them. Currently we offer the following books:
- “Winning A Gunfight…securing victory ethically, mentally and tactfully in a gunfight”: There is much more to winning a gunfight than just physically surviving. Most who are in gunfights survive but may not win. Learn the difference and how you can survive and win.
- “Suicide Is Not an Option”: Each year 2.5-3 times more officers take their own life than are murdered in the line of duty. Despite the efforts of many, the suicide rate amongst law enforcement officers continues to rise. A retired police sergeant and author, Tim Rupp, explores the spiritual aspects and argues there is meaning to life beyond the individual.
- “Courageous Living Bible Study”: This four-session Bible study is designed to challenge you to live courageously for the sake of your family. Based on the movie “Courageous,” session topics include fighting for your family, valuing what matters most, impacting future generations, and standing for Christ.
To order your FREE book, visit our Book Giveaway page and let us know which book you would like!
Once you have read the book, please share with us your thoughts, good or bad, and we hope you will pass along the book to a fellow officer.
There are many ways to support the Blue Watch mission:
- Pray – we need prayer warriors who will pray for us on an ongoing basis and at special events.
- Volunteer – we are in need of people who will help manage our website, social media and other aspects of the ministry. If the mission of Blue Watch is of interest to you and you have a skillset to offer, consider Blue Watch.
- Donate – it takes money to make all of this happen. The Lord greatly blessed us in 2020, but to continue our progress will require increased giving. You can give online or by check.
If any of these are of interest to you, please email us at email@example.com.
Support the Mission
Please prayerfully consider making a financial contribution to Blue Watch. It is through the faithful giving of many across the state that has made all we have done possible, and to continue the mission, will require greater community support.
If you feel led to support, you can donate by visiting our donation page or by making a check payable to Blue Watch and mailing to 2620 Swiss Lane, Birmingham, AL 35226.
Blue Watch is a 501c(3) non-profit. All donations are tax deductible.
The mission of Blue Watch is to help officers and their families experience the relevance and benefits of God in their lives.