March has been an incredible month. So many places to go and meeting so many great people along the way.
The month began with a visit to Mobile for the Winter Conference of the Alabama Association of Chiefs of Police. It was an incredible time to interact with well over 300 chiefs and other command level personnel.
A special thank you to those who stopped by our booth.
Congratulations to the winner of our giveaways, Chief Jimmy Singleton of Midland City and to Chief Kevin Smith of Stevenson Police Department.
On March 15, we had the opportunity to share the Blue Watch mission at the Vestavia Hills Rotary Club. It is always exciting to engage the community and share with them the challenges of the profession and how they can help.
A special thanks to Ted Strong who made this happen.
We ended the month at the Greater Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church for their annual Global Impact Celebration. This year’s conference focused on local missions. It was a great time to fellowship, share the Blue Watch mission and be encouraged.
A special thanks to Dr. Wesley and the entire congregation at Greater Shiloh.
Northeast Alabama Police Academy
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office Training Center
Celebrate Fam. 2022
Christian Family Expo
If you are the mom of a police officer or married to a police officer, stop by our booth for your special gift. It is our way of saying thank you for the sacrifice you make.
Winning A Gunfight
Blue Watch is concerned with both the physical and emotional survival of officers. Because we not only want them to survive, we want them to win. Anytime a law enforcement officer is involved in a gunfight, we send copies of “Winning A Gunfight.” This is part of our ongoing outreach and a way to minister to those on the front lines.
In March copies of Winning A Gunfight were sent to both the Hollywood and Decatur Police Departments. Officers from both these departments encountered suspects and had to use deadly force.
Incidents like this continue to illustrate the danger the law enforcement community faces daily. Show your support by praying for them and their families.
Order Your Book Today
Want a copy of these books? One can be yours today. Visit our website to order your free copy.
- “Winning A Gunfight…securing victory ethically, mentally and tactfully in a gunfight”: There is much more to winning a gunfight than just physically surviving. Most who are in gunfights survive but may not win. Learn the difference and how you can survive and win.
- “Suicide Is Not an Option”: Each year 2.5-3 times more officers take their own life than are murdered in the line of duty. Despite the efforts of many, the suicide rate amongst law enforcement officers continues to rise. Retired police sergeant and author, Tim Rupp, explores the spiritual aspects and argues there is meaning to life beyond the individual.
- “Courageous Living Bible Study”: This four-session bible study is designed to challenge you to live courageously for the sake of your family. Based upon the movie “Courageous,” session topics include fighting for your family, valuing what matters most, impacting future generations, and standing for Christ.
To order your FREE book, visit our Book Giveaway page and let us know which book you would like!
Once you have read the book, please share with us your thoughts, good or bad, and we hope you will pass along the book to a fellow officer.
We Want to Hear From You!
Blue Watch is here to serve the law enforcement community and its families. We want to hear from you because we want to offer services that you need. The people of Alabama support their officers and they stand ready to help.
There are many ways to support the Blue Watch mission:
- Pray – we need prayer warriors who will pray for us on an ongoing basis and at special events.
- Volunteer – we are in need of people who will help manage our website, social media and other aspects of the ministry. If the mission of Blue Watch is of interest to you and you have a skillset to offer, consider Blue Watch.
- Donate – it takes money to make all of this happen. The Lord greatly blessed us in 2020, but to continue our progress will require increased giving. You can give online or by check.
If any of these are of interest to you, please email us at email@example.com.
Support the Mission
Please prayerfully consider making a financial contribution to Blue Watch. It is through the faithful giving of many across the state that has made all we have done possible, and to continue the mission, will require greater community support.
If you feel led to support, you can donate by clicking the “Donate” button at the top of the page or by making a check payable to Blue Watch and mailing to 2620 Swiss Lane, Birmingham, AL 35226.
Blue Watch is a 501c(3) non-profit. All donations are tax deductible.
The mission of Blue Watch is to help officers and their families experience the relevance and benefits of God in their lives.