Expansion of Book Giveaway
Blue Watch strives to give officers and their families the tools and resources they need to have a clear mind and a whole heart. A component of that is to place biblically-based resources written for law enforcement into their hands.
We are excited to announce the expansion of our book giveaway program. Visit our website to order copies of the following books, absolutely FREE!
- “Winning A Gunfight…securing victory ethically, mentally and tactfully in a gunfight”: There is much more to winning a gunfight than just physically surviving. Most who are in gunfights survive but may not win. Learn the difference and how you can survive and win.
- “Suicide Is Not an Option”: Each year 2.5-3 times more officers take their own life than are murdered in the line of duty. Despite the efforts of many, the suicide rate amongst law enforcement officers continues to rise. Retired police sergeant and author, Tim Rupp, explores the spiritual aspects and argues there is meaning to life beyond the individual.
- “Courageous Living Bible Study”: This four-session bible study is designed to challenge you to live courageously for the sake of your family. Based upon the movie “Courageous,” session topics include fighting for your family, valuing what matters most, impacting future generations, and standing for Christ.
To order your FREE book, visit our Book Giveaway page and let us know which book you would like!
Once you have read the book, please share with us your thoughts, good or bad, and we hope you will pass along the book to a fellow officer.
Alabama Association of Chiefs of Police Winter Conference
Vestavia Hills Rotary Club
Global Impact Celebration
Greater Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church
Winning A Gunfight
Blue Watch is concerned with both the physical and emotional survival of officers. Because we not only want them to survive, we want them to win. Anytime a law enforcement officer is involved in a gunfight, we send copies of “Winning A Gunfight.” This is part of our ongoing outreach and a way to minister to those on the front lines.
In February, three copies of “Winning A Gunfight” were sent to the Oxford Police Department. This was in response to an officer-involved shooting on February 14, when officers gave chase to a stolen vehicle that was taken at gunpoint. During the chase, the suspect opened fire on the officers. Officers returned fire killing the suspect.
Incidents like this continue to illustrate the danger the law enforcement community faces daily. Show your support by praying for them and their families.
Thank You Jim!
While in town speaking to area officers, Jim Bontrager, who has become a friend to the ministry, took time out of his busy schedule to have lunch and meet with a small group of officers for the purpose of challenging and encouraging them. Jim delivered an inspirational message and challenged them to take a stand for the kingdom.
A special thanks goes to Donny Acton of New Hope Cumberland Presbyterian Church for hosting this event.
We Want to Hear From You!
Blue Watch is here to serve the law enforcement community and its families. We want to hear from you because we want to offer services that you need. The people of Alabama support their officers and they stand ready to help.
There are many ways to support the Blue Watch mission:
- Pray – we need prayer warriors who will pray for us on an ongoing basis and at special events.
- Volunteer – we are in need of people who will help manage our website, social media and other aspects of the ministry. If the mission of Blue Watch is of interest to you and you have a skillset to offer, consider Blue Watch.
- Donate – it takes money to make all of this happen. The Lord greatly blessed us in 2020, but to continue our progress will require increased giving. You can give online or by check.
If any of these are of interest to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support the Mission
Please prayerfully consider making a financial contribution to Blue Watch. It is through the faithful giving of many across the state that has made all we have done possible, and to continue the mission, will require greater community support.
If you feel led to support, you can donate by clicking the “Donate” button at the top of the page or by making a check payable to Blue Watch and mailing to 2620 Swiss Lane, Birmingham, AL 35226.
Blue Watch is a 501c(3) non-profit. All donations are tax deductible.
The mission of Blue Watch is to help officers and their families experience the relevance and benefits of God in their lives.