Check Out Our Website Updates
If you haven’t noticed, the Blue Watch website has recently undergone some renovations. A video has been added to the homepage that tells you what we are all about.
Check it out and let us know what you think.
Alabama Association of Chiefs of Police
February 28 – March 2
We are excited to announce Blue Watch will have a booth at the Chief’s Winter Conference in Mobile. Please stop by to check us out and register for an awesome door prize.
Winning A Gunfight
Blue Watch is concerned with both the physical and emotional survival of officers. Because we not only want them to survive, we want them to win. Anytime a law enforcement officer is involved in a gunfight, we send copies of “Winning a Gunfight.” This is part of our ongoing outreach and a way to minister to those on the front lines.
In January there were three agencies that received copies after their officers and deputies were involved in a gunfight.
- On January 11, a Blount County deputy shot a suspect when he attacked them with a sharp object. This all happened while executing a search warrant and arresting a person for making terrorist threats.
- During the early morning hours of January 19, deputies with the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office, while on patrol encountered a person acting suspiciously. During the encounter the person drew a gun and fired upon the deputies. They returned fire and killed the suspect.
- On the afternoon of January 25, the Priceville Police Department responded to a call of a suspicious person. Upon the officer’s arrival, the suspect opened fire, wounding the chief of police. The chief was transported to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The suspect was wounded and later died from his injuries.
Each of these incidents illustrate the danger the law enforcement community faces daily. Show your support by praying for them and their families.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a gun fight and would like a copy of the book, let us know. We will send you a copy at no charge. Simply email us at email@example.com.
We Want to Hear From You!
Blue Watch is here to serve the law enforcement community and its families. We want to hear from you because we want to offer services that you need. The people of Alabama support their officers and they stand ready to help.
There are many ways to support the Blue Watch mission:
- Pray – we need prayer warriors who will pray for us on an ongoing basis and at special events.
- Volunteer – we are in need of people who will help manage our website, social media and other aspects of the ministry. If the mission of Blue Watch is of interest to you and you have a skillset to offer, consider Blue Watch.
- Donate – it takes money to make all of this happen. The Lord greatly blessed us in 2020, but to continue our progress will require increased giving. You can give online or by check.
If any of these are of interest to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support the Mission
Please prayerfully consider making a financial contribution to Blue Watch. It is through the faithful giving of many across the state that has made all we have done possible, and to continue the mission, will require greater community support.
If you feel led to support, you can donate by clicking the “Donate” button at the top of the page or by making a check payable to Blue Watch and mailing to 2620 Swiss Lane, Birmingham, AL 35226.
Blue Watch is a 501c(3) non-profit. All donations are tax deductible.
The mission of Blue Watch is to help officers and their families experience the relevance and benefits of God in their lives.