2021 Year In Review
Despite many challenges presented by the ongoing pandemic, there were many successes! Here is a highlight of all that Blue Watch was able to do.
- Held a first spouse and family event.
- Hosted the “Officer Mindset Resiliency Conference.” Three sessions were held: two at the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Training Center and one at Harvest Church in Dothan. These events were attended by 90 officers, representing 33 different agencies from across the state.
- Dothan was our first event outside of the Birmingham area.
- Began a book giveaway program for those in officer-involved shootings. Gave 55 books to 16 departments.
- Presented two law enforcement-specific books, “Suicide is Not an Option” and “Winning a Gunfight” to graduates of the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Academy. There were 35 graduates representing 17 Sheriff’s Offices.
- 19.5% increase in donations.
The Year Ahead
This is what we are planning for 2022:
- Present at the Winter Conference of the Alabama Association of Chiefs of Police.
- Provide a ministry of presence to officers working security at the World Games 2022.
- Expansion of the book give-away program.
- Fall Law Enforcement Conference (details TBA).
Presenting at the Jefferson County Sheriff Training Center
On December 16, Burke Swearingen had the honor of presenting “Suicide is Not An Option” and “Winning A Gunfight” to academy graduates. There were 35 graduates representing 17 sheriff’s offices from across the state
We Want to Hear From You!
Blue Watch is here to serve the law enforcement community and its families. We want to hear from you because we want to offer services that you need. The people of Alabama support their officers and they stand ready to help.
There are many ways to support the Blue Watch mission:
- Pray – we need prayer warriors who will pray for us on an ongoing basis and at special events.
- Volunteer – we are in need of people who will help manage our website, social media and other aspects of the ministry. If the mission of Blue Watch is of interest to you and you have a skillset to offer, consider Blue Watch.
- Donate – it takes money to make all of this happen. The Lord greatly blessed us in 2020, but to continue our progress will require increased giving. You can give online or by check.
If any of these are of interest to you, please email us at email@example.com.
Support the Mission
Please prayerfully consider making a financial contribution to Blue Watch. It is through the faithful giving of many across the state that has made all we have done possible, and to continue the mission, will require greater community support.
If you feel led to support, you can donate by clicking the “Donate” button at the top of the page or by making a check payable to Blue Watch and mailing to 2620 Swiss Lane, Birmingham, AL 35226.
Blue Watch is a 501c(3) non-profit. All donations are tax deductible.
The mission of Blue Watch is to help officers and their families experience the relevance and benefits of God in their lives.