Navigating This World, Strengthening the Foundation at Home
On February 28, we held our very first event for officers and their spouses. Anjuli Thompson, a licensed professional counselor and police officer’s wife, did a fantastic job addressing the hazards of stress and burnout that many in the profession face.
A special ‘thank you’ goes to Adam Schniper, Stacey Eddy, Rev. Donny Acton and everyone at New Hope Cumberland Presbyterian Church. Without them, this event would not have been possible.
This event was a great opportunity and we are hopeful it has laid the foundation for future events that focus on the family.
Sun Tzu and “The Officer Resiliency Mindset”
Returning in April is Jim Bontrager’s presentation on “The Officer Resiliency Mindset”. Jim spoke to us in September and the response was so great he is returning. This time the format will be a little different.
The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office will host the April 26 and April 27 events. Then on April 29, Jim will speak in Dothan, AL, hosted by the Dothan Police Foundation. We are excited about the opportunity in Dothan! This will be our first time to travel outside the Birmingham area.
Jim has an outstanding message that every officer needs to hear. It will forever change your perspective on how to face the challenges of the profession. This is a free event providing you 7 hours of APSOT credit.
Don’t delay, spread the word and sign up today! If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Spread the Word!
Did you know Blue Watch has a Facebook page? Be sure to follow us for the latest news and events. Be sure to share with your friends.
There are many ways to support the Blue Watch mission:
- Pray – we need prayer warriors who will pray for us on an ongoing basis and at special events.
- Volunteer – we are in need of people who will help manage our website, social media and other aspects of the ministry. If the mission of Blue Watch is of interest to you and you have a skillset to offer, consider Blue Watch.
- Donate – it takes money to make all of this happen. The Lord greatly blessed us in 2020, but to continue our progress will require increased giving. You can give online or by check.
If any of these are of interest to you, please email us at email@example.com.
Support the Mission
Please prayerfully consider making Blue Watch part of your year-end giving. The faithful giving of many in the community has made all we’ve done possible. To continue the mission will require greater community support. If this is something you feel led to support, you can donate by:
- Clicking the “Donate” button at the top of the page.
- Making a check payable to Blue Watch and mail to 2620 Swiss Lane, Birmingham, AL 35226.
Blue Watch is a 501c(3) non-profit. All donations are tax deductible.
The mission of Blue Watch is to help officers and their families experience the relevance and benefits of God in their lives.