The Year Ahead
Blue Watch ended 2020 on a good note with strong year-end giving. This places us in a great position financially as we move into the new year. A number of plans are underway, but the ongoing pandemic makes planning difficult.
We are constantly monitoring the situation and making adjustments so we can continue to carry out the Blue Watch mission but not jeopardize the health of others. This is forcing us to think outside the box and look for new innovative ways to move forward.
I encourage each of you to pray for Blue Watch as we face these challenges. May the Lord grant us wisdom in these times. Also, pray for the law enforcement community as they continue to face unprecedented challenges.
Strategic Leadership Series
Registration is now open. Don’t delay! Register for one or all 10 sessions.
This leadership workshop will be hosted by the Vestavia Hills Police Department and will meet the second Tuesday of each month from 8:00 a.m. to noon. The first session is February 9 and will run through November.
Those who successfully complete the 10-session series will receive a special certificate in strategic leadership. A select number of graduates will have the opportunity to participate in advanced leadership training. APOST credits will be awarded.
Spouses and Family Event
“Navigating This World, Strengthening the Foundation at Home”
This is a free event! It will be held February 28, 6:00-8:00 p.m., at New Hope Cumberland Presbyterian Church. Anjuli Thompson, a certified counselor and police officer spouse, will present on the hazards of stress and burnout.
Attend in person or virtually. This event will be broadcasted live on Facebook. Officers who attend with their family can earn APOST credits.
If you need more information or have questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many ways to support the Blue Watch mission:
- Pray – we need prayer warriors who will pray for us on an ongoing basis and at special events.
- Volunteer – we are in need of people who will help manage our website, social media and other aspects of the ministry. If the mission of Blue Watch is of interest to you and you have a skillset to offer, consider Blue Watch.
- Donate – it takes money to make all of this happen. The Lord greatly blessed us in 2020, but to continue our progress will require increased giving. You can give online or by check.
If any of these are of interest to you, please email us at email@example.com.
Support the Mission
Please prayerfully consider making Blue Watch part of your year-end giving. The faithful giving of many in the community has made all we’ve done possible. To continue the mission will require greater community support. If this is something you feel led to support, you can donate by:
- Clicking the “Donate” button at the top of the page.
- Making a check payable to Blue Watch and mail to 2620 Swiss Lane, Birmingham, AL 35226.
Blue Watch is a 501c(3) non-profit. All donations are tax deductible.
The mission of Blue Watch is to help officers and their families experience the relevance and benefits of God in their lives.